to the Puyallup School District. If you are new to the area, this page
provides valuable information that will assist you in enrolling your
child in the proper school and program.
I just moved to the Puyallup area, how do I know where to register my student?
For school-aged children, the first step is to call the district administrative offices at (253) 841-1301.
Provide the secretary with your home address and grade level of your
student. From there you’ll be directed to the school where you’ll
register your student.
children who are not yet kindergarten age and have been receiving
special education services on an individualized education plan (IEP)
such as speech therapy or developmental preschool, please contact
Special Services at (253) 841-8700. After special education eligibility has been confirmed, you will be given registration and enrollment information.
Do I need to schedule an appointment to register my child?
an appointment is always advisable. Call the school to which you’ve
been directed to schedule an
What do I need to bring when I register my child?
Proof of residency (one of the following forms is acceptable):
- Copy of a current utility bill received within the last 30 days
- Copy of lease/rental agreement with rental receipt
- Copy of mortgage papers
- Immunization information
- Birth Certificate for students in kindergarten or first grade
- Most recent report card from previous grade
Parents of special needs students should also bring the following:
- Copy of current IEP/special education evaluation and any other relevant evaluative information
- Copies of relevant medical documentation
What can I expect when I meet with a counselor to schedule my junior high or high school student?
you meet with any one of the school counselors, you can expect a high
level of professionalism, respect, and understanding. The goal of our
counselors is to assist in creating a program where your student’s
individual needs are met and success is achieved.
What other forms will I be asked to complete?
Parents of special needs students will be asked to complete a few extra forms, including the following:
- Exchange of Confidential Information. This form allows the district to request special education records from your student’s previous school district. This forms will be provided during the registration process.
your child has a life threatening condition such as asthma, diabetes,
seizures, or severe allergies, please call your new School Nurse to set
up an appointment to formulate an Emergency Action Plan for the current
school year before your child starts school.