Our Science Department prepares students with the ability and preparation to meet the science demands presented by college and careers. We strive to support students as they carry their scientific thinking and problem-solving into multiple learning situations.
We are committed to a rigorous K-12 instructional program that ensures all students are college and career ready by:
- Having clear statements of high academic standards for student performance
- Identifying essential standards that guide curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Implementing instructional practices and lesson design that support the learning of all students
- Proving professional development opportunities for staff that support the implementation of essential standards, curriculum alignment and the use of best instructional practices
- Recognizing and supporting teacher leadership
The Puyallup School District is committed to the academic success of each student by preparing them for a meaningful post-secondary educational opportunity.